Reason Foundation’s pension reform project aims to produce meaningful research and functional resources to aid any jurisdiction that is serious about effectuating pension reform. In October 2013, Reason offered four educational webinars to the public which shared experiences from former and current public officials who have successfully navigated the pension reform process in various jurisdictions across the country. In the presentations, they discussed strategies for implementing pension reform in cities, counties and states across the nation.
The expert panel on the webinar included:
• The Honorable Carl DeMaio – Author of the San Diego Pension Reform Initiative and member of the San Diego City Council from 2008-2012.
• The Honorable Pete Constant – San José City Councilmember whose leadership led to major pension reforms on the June 2012 ballot for the city.
• The Honorable Dan Liljenquist – Former Utah State Senator who led the state's groundbreaking overhaul of its pension system.
• Dr. Adrian Moore – Vice President of Policy at the Reason Foundation and manager of their policy implementation efforts on various issues, including pension reform.
• Mr. Josh McGee – Vice President of the Laura and John Arnold Foundation and leader of their public policy work on pension reform.
The webinar recordings are linked below, along with a downloadable copy of the presentation material. Though the expert panel alternated in each of the presentations, each of the webinars is substantively similar.
October 3, 2013
October 11, 2013
October 16, 2013
October 22, 2013
If you are interested in implementing pension reform, please email our Pension Help Desk at email@example.com.